Does history repeat itself?
The city of Corinth was Hollywood, Las Vegas and New York all rolled into one. Corinth was intellectually alert, materially prosperous, but morally corrupt. Its citizens were devoted to the reckless development of the individual. The church at Corinth is the "carnal church" - spiritual babes, immature and undeveloped. Paul seeks to provide them with the necessary guidance to bring them (and us) to full maturity.
- Over 30 hours of Verse-by-Verse audio teaching through the books of I and II Corinthians as MP3 files.
- Extensive searchable study notes as PDF files.
- A special message from Chuck Missler.
- Real® Player and Real® Juke Box.
This program will play MP3 audio files.
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader.
This program will read the PDF notes.
- Introduction and I Corinthians 1: Background on the city and church at Corinth. Divisions in the Church. Wisdom is God-given.
- I Corinthians 2: Revelation comes from God's Spirit. A look at the "Natural Man" and the "Geometry of Eternity."
- I Corinthians 3: We are laborers together with God. What are you building on Christ's foundation?
- I Corinthians 4: The ministry of the Apostles, as well as our own stewardship. The Law vs. Grace. Effects of pride.
- I Corinthians 5: Background on Jewish feasts. God's Judgment of Immorality.
- I Corinthians 6: Going to Law before Unbelivers. The forfeit of the ungodly. God's astonishing Grace.
- I Corinthians 7: "now concening marriage..." Was Paul married? The mystical basis of marriage. The cost of broken families.
- I Corinthians 8: Food offered to idols. Liberty under Christ vs. love and compassion for the weaker brother.
- I Corinthians 9: The rights of those who preach the Gospel. The responsibility of the Church to care for its ministers.
- I Corinthians 10: Warnings against idolatry. Jesus as "The Rock." Do all to the glory of God.
- I Corinthians 11: Proper decorum necessary for worship. The Lord's Supper; Seven things to ingest.
- I Corinthians 12: The spiritual gifts and our relationship with the Holy Spirit. Are the gifts for today?
- I Corinthians 13: The Love chapter: Our most urgent essential.
- I Corinthians 14: The gifts of tongues. Orderliness and individualism in worship.
- I Corinthians 15-A: The Resurrection of the dead. The physics of immortality and the rapture of the Body of Christ.
- I Corinthians 15-B & 16: The collection for the saints: The tithe. Paul's plans for travel. Final greetings.
- II Corinthians 1: Salutation; Thanksgiving. The postponement of Paul's visit.
- II Corinthians 2 & 3: Restoring a sinning saint. Being triumphant in Christ. Being ministers of the New Covenant.
- II Corinthians 4: Living by faith. The secret of Endurance.
- II Corinthians 5: The ministry of reconciliation. The Judgment Seat of Christ.
- II Corinthians 6 & 7: Paul the Evangelist. Paul the example. "Be not unequally yoked."
- II Corinthians 8 & 9: The grace of giving. Heaven's law of supply and demand. Stewardship.
- II Corinthians 10 & 11: "Secrets" of the ministry. How to wage Spiritual Warfare.
- II Corinthians 12 & 13: Paul's defense of his ministry. The thorn in the flesh. Final greetings.