...I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. Listen, please, and let me speak; You said, 'I will question you, and you shall answer Me.' I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes.
- Job 42:3b-6
The book of Job pulls away our illusions and presents life as it really is. Nothing is more valuable than a valid perspective. One of the most painful - but essential - blessings is the stripping away of our delusions and erroneous presuppositions! That is why it is so important to let the Spirit of God set us straight by the Word of God, correcting our thinking and 'renewing our minds' (Romans 12:2).
Now in one, self-contained CD-ROM (compatible with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems) which includes:
- Over 10 hours of Verse-by-Verse audio teaching through the books of Job as MP3 files.
- Extensive searchable study notes as PDF files.
- A special message from Chuck Missler.
- Listings of other MP3 resources.
- All software included to play MP3 files.
- Adobe Acrobat®
This program will read the PDF notes.
This Commentary contains the following studies:
- Job 1: Introduction: Background on Job. When was the Book of Job written?
- Job 2-5: Satan's assault. Job stripped of all. The Three Friends.
- Job 6-14: Discourses by Three Friends and Job's reply to each one. Job's Prayer.
- Job 15-31: Rounds 2 and 3 of the Three Friends' discourses and Job's replies.
- Job 32-37: The Mystery Man: Elihu. "Program Notes" to this Cosmic Drama.
- Job 38-40a: God's Science Quiz. Jehovah and Job. Pride is the Real Issue.
- Job 40-41: Behemoth and Leviathan. Dragons and Dinosaurs. The Spiritual Dimension.
- Job 42: The "End of the Lord." The Three Friends' Departure. Satan's Defeat. Job doubly blessed . Conclusion and lessons learned from Job.