|The Book of Proverbs could be titled, ''Wise Up'' and Live. Beyond simply obeying laws, this book focuses on leading an aggressively dynamic life, giving examples of proper and improper attitudes, conduct, and characteristics in succinct, penetrating ways. A proverb can be thought of as ''a short sentence from long experience''; it is easy to remember, yet it condenses much wisdom into a small space.
''All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable'' in four ways: for doctrine - whatís right; for reproof - whatís not right; for correction - how to get right; and for instruction in righteousness - how to stay right (2 Timothy 3:16). This book touches on all four of these.
This MP3 CD-ROM (compatible with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems) is self-contained and includes:
- Over 8 hours of Verse-by-Verse audio teaching through the book of Proverbs.
- 8 individual slideshow presentations.
- Extensive searchable study notes as PDF files.
- e-Sword Bible software
- All programs necessary to play MP3 files.
- Adobe Acrobatģ Reader.
This program will read the PDF notes.
This Commentary on the Book of Proverbs contains the following 8 sessions:
- Proverbs Session 1 - Chapters 1-4 - Introduction. Wisdom and Folly. The Path of Wisdom
- Proverbs Session 2 - Ch. 5-9 - Sexual Purity. Good Business Practices. Godís Hate List. The Lure of the Harlot. The Path to Destruction.
- Proverbs Session 3 - Ch. 10-14 - The Main Collection of Solomonís Proverbs. The Most Painful Sin: Gossip.
- Proverbs Session 4 - Ch. 15-19 - The Main Collection of Solomonís Proverbs. The Godly Tongue vs. the Evil Tongue. Right Use of Words vs. Wrong Use of Words.
- Proverbs Session 5 - Ch. 20-24 - Dangers of Intoxication. The Sayings of the Wise Men.
- Proverbs Session 6 - Ch. 25-29 - Hezekiahís Collection of Solomonís Proverbs.
- Proverbs Session 7 - Ch. 30 - The Words of Agur. Whatís in a Name?
- Proverbs Session 8 - Ch. 31 - The Words of Lemuelís Mother. Tribute to the Godly, Dedicated Woman.